Real Photo Postcard
Nancy Jemison Cabin and Gravestone of Mary Jemison
This cabin belonged to Mary Jemison's daughter, Nancy. It stood on the Gardeau Flats until 1881 when it was given to Mr. Letchworth. He brought it to his Council Grounds and erected it near the grave of Mary Jemison which is shown by the granite monument to the left of the photograph. The cabin was turned and moved to the east after Mr. Letchworth's death. For a photograph of the interior and a 1907 description of the cabin, go to the Pieces of the Past on the Jemison Cabin.
This cabin still stands today.
See the Glimpse of Mary Jemison for her story.